From KellyGang
Jump to: navigation, search

One of the original squatting runs in the Kelly Country

Nearest towns
Corryong Kiewa Beechworth

First taken up by Laurence Struilby for James Black in 1842.

Mullindolingong is now called Coral Bank.

History at Mullindolingong before the KellyGang

In 1848 James Black had handed the run over to Patrick Reynolds (15,360 acres). In 1850 he sold it to James Irvine. In 1854 the owner was William Muir, but by 1852 the Run had passed to Walter Henry Roper.

By 1862 it had been sold to Nicholas Herbert

' In 1876 the license was held by Nicholas Herbert, ? acres, license fee half year £17 10

Where did the name Mullindolingong come from

The original aboriginal owners

The first selectors

see (OMA20/2/1879)



Original neighbouring properties


What was Mullindolingong like in the late 1870's

Links to the KellyGang

Rivers Creeks and Hills near Mullindolingong

On the head waters  of the Kiewa River , between the Mitta Mitta and Ovens Rivers north west of the Burrangong Mountains

What happened at Mullindolingong after the time of the Kelly Gang

The school at Mullindolingong was no. 2551 opened 1881 and was closed 1894 and then reopened 1923. The name change to Coral Bank was in 1949 and the school finally closed in 1954.

What is happening at Mullindolingong today