From KellyGang
Jump to: navigation, search

One of the original properties in the Kelly Country

Nearest towns

Corryong [[../plH_L/kiewaTx2.html|../plH_L/kiewaTx2.html]]

Kiewa [[../plA_B/beechwT2.html|../plA_B/beechwT2.html]]


History at Nariel before the KellyGang

In the late 1830's Joseph Hanson travelled to the Upper Murray and was later followed by a 13 year old James. They took up the Nariel Run on behalf of Charles Wheeler. Charles and Mary followed accompanied by the rest of their children (Sarah, Mary Ann, Charles, William, Alice and George). Alice married TB Waters another famous Corryong pioneer. James and Joseph later take up the Colac Colac run. Colac Colac was owned by the Wheeler family for many years.

In 1876 the license was held by Charles Wheeler, ? acres, license fee half year £81/5

Where did the name Nariel come from

The original aboriginal owners

The first selectors



Original neighbouring properties


What was Nariel like in the late 1870's

Links to the KellyGang

Rivers Creeks and Hills near Nariel

Just south of the Upper Murray River and east of Corryong

What happened at Nariel after the time of the Kelly Gang

What is happening at Nariel today