Koetong

From KellyGang
Revision as of 15:17, 15 November 2015 by Admin (Talk | contribs) (Import from source)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

One of the original properties in the Kelly Country

Nearest towns

Wodonga

Corryong

History at Koetong before the KellyGang

First taken up by overlanders from New South Wales, Heape and Grice, in 1835 to 1836. (74,000 acres). Run could have been called 'Bunghill' originally. See also the old town of Koetong.

In 1876 it was licensed to Richard Goldsbrough , and Hugh Parker and with Bungil the half yearly license fee was £350

Where did the name Koetong come from

The original aboriginal owners

Pallanganmiddang Aborigines lived in the area

The first selectors

Photograph

Map

Original neighbouring properties

North
Murray River
South
Tallangatta
West
Kangaroo Groud
East
Bungil

What was Koetong like in the late 1870's

Tin was mined at Koetong from the mid 1870s

Links to the KellyGang

The KellyGang used this area to move stolen cattle and horses from Victoria and New South Wales

Rivers Creeks and Hills near Koetong

South of the Murray River and east of Wodonga

What happened at Koetong after the time of the Kelly Gang

What is happening at Koetong today

Koetong is still a locality in the State Forest at Shelley, where the old pub endures.

MediaWiki:Sidebar