From KellyGang
Jump to: navigation, search

One of the original properties in the Kelly Country

Nearest towns
Shepparton, Bendigo

History at Arcadia before the KellyGang

First up taken up in WS and H Clifton

Arcadia was originally about 80,000 acres before Pine Lodge was split off.

In 1876 the license was held by Julius Martin Wilkinson, ? acres, license fee half year £16/5

Owned by McMillan in 1876

Acadia was abandoned 1878

Where did the name Arcadia come from

The original aboriginal owners

The effect of selectors

Kirk (Ensign1/1/1875



Original neighbouring properties

Pine Lodge

What was Arcadia like in the late 1870's

By 1875 Kialla and Arcadia had been selected see what life was like. There was a school on the Broken River (Ensign1/1/1875)

Postal route between Murchison and Arcadia via Moorilim, Pethybridge's, Castle Creek, Spencers Farm, Kialla West

George Spencer(Ensign11/11/1873) Francis Whitfield (Ensign1/1/1875) publicans

Mr Sinclair of Arcadia had a steam driven threshing machine used for harveting wheat (Ensign1/1/1875)

Miller vineyard (Ensign22/1/1875)

Pettybridge had a very good garden (Ensign22/1/1875)

Links to the KellyGang

Rivers Creeks and Hills near Arcadia

What happened at Arcadia after the time of the KellyGang

What is happening at Arcadia today