Boorhaman at kellyGang

From KellyGang
Jump to: navigation, search

One of the original squatting runs in the Kelly Country

First taken up by Joseph Bould in 1841. (22,040 acres) Later run by his widow Eleanor Bould. Eleanor was the sister of John Foord of Wahgunyah Run. She later married Henry Bayliss of Bremin. !!MISSING

In 1876 the license was owned by Henry Bayliss, 12,976 acres and the half yearly license fee was £56 19 00

History at Boorhaman before the KellyGang

Where did the name Boorhaman come from

Sometimes spelt Boorahman and Boorhamen.

The original aboriginal owners

The first selectors

The run was cancelled in 1874.

Henry Robert Way was a selector on Boorehaman



Original neighbouring properties


What was Boorhaman like in the late 1870's

Links to the KellyGang

Boorehman was on the track used by the KellyGang and others stealing cattle and taking them to New South Wales

The President of the North Ovens Shire, Mr. Parfitt, complained about the refusal to form a police station at Boorehman. It was the track of the cattle-stealers to New South Wales. (RC3245)

Rivers Creeks and Hills near Boorhaman

What happened at Boorhaman after the time of the KellyGang

What is happening at Boorhaman today

see also "A history of Boorhaman" by Barrie R Vowles. It was published to Commemorate the Centenary of Boorhaman State School No. 1996, 1877-1977. It was type-set and printed in Wangaratta by Pryor Printing Service