From KellyGang
Jump to: navigation, search

One of the original properties in the Kelly Country

Nearest towns




History at Edi, the property before the KellyGang

Dominick Farrell , the first settler, and his wife Julia had six children, all born on the property. The first two both died in infancy. Their names were Edna and Heidi - these names were combined to form "Edi'.

Dominick Farrell took up The Hollow on Edi in 1840

In 1876 the license was held by Thomas Brown & Co, (bank of New South Wales) 53,000 acres, license fee half year £121

Mr Canny managed Edi (Argus5/8/1935)

Where did the name Edi come from

The original aboriginal owners

The first selectors



Original neighbouring properties

Oxley Plains


White Field

Hurdle Creek


It would be great to hear more about Edi; can you please help

What was Edi like in the late 1870's

Edi had been a gold mining settlement, orginally known as King Flat. The settlement's name was later changed to Hedi. The first formal school was opened in 1874 at Boggy Creek.

Links to the KellyGang

Patrick Quinn there were some horses belonging to James Whitty, Robert Jeffery, and John Farrell taken. (RC17691) see (Argus7/5/78)

Rivers Creeks and Hills near Edi

What happened at Edi after the time of the KellyGang

Frank Becroft was a policeman stationed at Edi after the time of the KellyGang.

Police sation closed in 1904

Mr JJ Farrell See (Argus13/9/83)

What is happening at Edi today