Fifteen Mile Creek (2)

From KellyGang
Jump to: navigation, search

One of the original squatting runs in the Kelly Country

Nearest towns

ten miles north of


History at Fifteen Mile Creek before the KellyGang

First taken up byWillian Francis Splatt in about 1846. Also licensed to Edward B Green, called 'Green Vale' (6,000 acres) In the 1850s the lease was owned by Robertson. Later it was taken over by Robert Mason. (Argus12/10/66)(Ensign4/10/1872)

In 1876 the license was owned by Robert Mason, ? acres, £90 half year license fee

The name Fifteen Mile Creek came from the name of the creek which ran through the station

=== Also called Mason’s Station and (Tarrawingee?) ===

The original aboriginal owners

The first selectors

Fifteen Mile Creek was first selected in the late 1850s. More selections were made in 1869

see also (Argus12/10/66)



Original neighbouring properties


What was Fifteen Mile Creek like in the late 1870's

Links to the KellyGang

One of the police stationed at Greta in the early 1870s did not know where Mason's Station was (RC3224)

Thomas Mason, son of Robert Mason, was prosecuted by his father for cattle stealing (Ensign23/12/1873)

Police Search party under SConst James sent to Mason's Station at the back of Greta on Fifteen Mile Creek in November 1878. (RC676)

A police station should be built at Mason's (RCApp1)

Rivers Creeks and Hills near Fifteen Mile Creek

What happened at Fifteen Mile Creek after the time of the KellyGang

A Police station was to be set up at Fifteen Mile Creek as a result of the Glenrowan Siege. (RC16716)

The Police station was closed in 1884

What is happening at Fifteen Mile Creek today