From KellyGang
Jump to: navigation, search

One of the original squatting run the Kelly Country

Nearest towns


History at Lillyput before the KellyGang

Fist taken up by James Gullifer with West and Gray in about 1845. (14,000 acres) James Gullifer's wife was Agnes Meighan, and they had sixteen children

In 1876 the license was held by James Gulifer, ? acres, license fee half year £10 18 9

Gullifer held part of the lease until 1879 when the Lillyput Run was cancelled.

Where did the name Lillyput come from

A joke by Gullifer, the place in the story of Gulliver's travels

The original aboriginal owners

The first selectors



Original neighbouring properties

Bontherambo Plains

What was Lillyput like in the late 1870's

The home at Lillyput is one of the oldest in north eastern Victoria. It is built mainly of stone and originally had a shingled roof. The run also had its own railway station on the line to Wahgunyah. The Lillyput school, called Black Dog Creek, opened 1869 with Mr Dixon as the first teacher. The school finally closed in about 1968. !!MISSING

Links to the KellyGang

Rivers Creeks and Hills near Lillyput

Just south of the Murray River on Black Dog Creek and near Yarrawonga

What happened at Lillyput after the time of the Kelly Gang

In 1881 much of Lillyput was taken up by selectors.

What is happening at Lillyput today