The Springs

From KellyGang
Jump to: navigation, search

One of the squatting run in the Kelly Country

Nearest towns
north of Glenrowan

History at The Springs before the KellyGang

First taken up by overlanders, by GH GC Rowan from New South Wales in 1837 to 1840 (16000 acres)

In 1876 the license was owned by James Miller? or Bank of Australasia?, ? acres', £50 license fee half year

Owned by Mr Turnbull in 1881 (RC13841)

Where did the name Springs come from

The original aboriginal owners

The first selectors



Original neighbouring properties

Spring Station
Ovens Crossing Place

What was The Springs like in the late 1870's

Links to the KellyGang

Mr Graves was the manager of the Springs in about 1870

On the 15th, a report came in to the police, that on 12-13/11/1878 four horsemen were seen, believed to be the Kellys. The matter was investigated by Det Ward. (RC13840)

Rivers Creeks and Hills near The Springs

What happened at The Springs after the time of the KellyGang

What is happening at The Springs today