From KellyGang
Jump to: navigation, search

One of the original squatting runs in the Kelly Country

Nearest towns
Wodonga Corryong

History at Thologolong before the KellyGang

On the Murray River 40 miles west of Wodonga

First taken up by William Walker in the late 1830s (20,000 acres)

In 1876 the license to Thologolong South was held by James Jeffers (George Lewis Singleton), 14,000 acres, £127 10 license fee half year,

In 1876 the license to Thologolong North was held by William Jones Singleton, 14,000 acres ,£97 10 half year. He operated Thologolong and Keelangie as one unit

They were sold by Ryan and Hammond (the agents) in March 1876 to Alexander Stewart for £12265 (Argus16/3/1876)(Argus17/3/1876)

Later in the year the run was abandoned and it would seem that the sale was never completed

Where did the name Thologolong come from

The original aboriginal owners

The first selectors

First taken up in the 1860s and largely completed by the mid 1870s



Original neighbouring properties

Murray River

Kangaroo Ground



What was Thologolong like in the late 1870's

Links to the KellyGang

Rivers Creeks and Hills near Thologolong

On the River Murray

What happened at Thologolong after the time of the KellyGang

The first Murray Grey grey calves were born at the Sutherland family at Thologolong in the early years of the 20th Century.

What is happening at Thologolong today