- 1 One of the original squatting runs in the Kelly Country
- 2 History at Howlong before the KellyGang
- 3 What was Howlong like in the late 1870's
- 4 Links to the KellyGang
- 5 Rivers Creeks and Hills near Howlong
- 6 What happened at Howlong after the time of the KellyGang
- 7 What is happening at Howlong today
One of the original squatting runs in the Kelly Country
- Nearest towns
History at Howlong before the KellyGang
Major Mitchell crossed the River Murray near Howlong. (Black Dog Creek) The area was first settled by John Gardiner an overlander from New South Wales who brought cattle.
Where did the name Howlong come from
The original aboriginal owners
The first selectors
Original neighbouring properties
What was Howlong like in the late 1870's
From the early days of white swettlement at least Howlong was an important crossing point on the River [[../plM/murrayR8.html|../plM/murrayR8.html]] Murray .
Mill hotel, John Costello land lord
Links to the KellyGang
In about October 1877 William Cooke was arrested for stealing Whitty's horses at Howlong with Gustav and William Baumgarten and Thomas Studders and Samuel Kennedy This was about the end of Ned Kelly as a horse and cattle thief. (RC8813)
Rivers Creeks and Hills near Howlong
On the River Murray, near Black Dog Creek?
What happened at Howlong after the time of the KellyGang
What is happening at Howlong today