Hinno Mungy

From KellyGang
Jump to: navigation, search

One of the original squatting runs in the Kelly Country

Nearest towns

History at Hinno Mungy before the KellyGang

First taken up by James Day , an overlander from New South Wales in 1842 acting on behalf of Edward Cooke. (36,000 acres) Included the site of the town of Omeo. Cooke also held the Omeo and Bindi runs sold the lease in 1848. In about 1861 Cooke sold Hinno Mungy to Matthew Hervey. In 1867 it was sold to William Degraves who in 1871 passed it into the names of J and C Degraves. William Dongharty and Rhind purchased it in about 1879. Later John Scott became the owner

Where did the name Hinno Mungy come from

Also known as Hinnomungie. Some sources say that the name means, no fish

The original aboriginal owners

The first selectors



Original neighbouring properties


What was Hinno Mungy like in the late 1870's

Links to the KellyGang

the KellyGang used the back country to move cattle and horses from Victoria to New South Wales

Rivers Creeks and Hills near Hinno Mungy

On Livingstone Creek

What happened at Hinno Mungy after the time of the Kelly Gang

What is happening at Hinno Mungy today